I just started on some kitchen cabinets. The pictures below show the progress so far.
The first set is a few images from Sketchup. I mentioned this design tool in my last post and it has been a great help in laying out these cabinets. I discovered several issues that would have probably not have revealed themselves until wood was cut and mistakes were made. I was able to get started with a solid plan which allows me to focus on quality rather than being focused on figuring out construction details on the fly.
The three images include the main layout, exploded view, and plywood layout. The ability to layout all the components on "virtual" plywood was extremely helpful...much easier than dealing with the big 4'x8' sheets and laying them out from scratch in the shop.
The next set of pictures shows the first day's work in the shop. The plywood sheets are broken down into components and the edge banding has been started. I don't often work with plywood, but quality plywood is nice. It's a good use of wood resources and things come together quickly. The stability of plywood is nice too.
And finally (on a different note) a few shots of the first boards cut from 0ur sawmill. We bought a well-used Woodmizer about a year ago and have finally gotten the sawmill site set up and things in order. So far we have cut a bunch of 4/4 pine boards as well as a 5"x5"x10' hickory beam. I have some small walnut logs and a sizable persimmon. I'm excited to see what those will yield.